Monday, October 3, 2011

Thrifty 2 - Second Hand Crochet Books

This weekend while shopping for yarn I found a used book store. Well, not really found. I had seen it before. It's next to a fabric shop on Main St. in Ventura, CA. I've been to this fabric shop many times to look for special yarns that Michael's doesn't carry. Every time I go to the fabric store I think about going into the used book shop but for some reason I never do, or they are closed. Well Saturday morning I went in! Look what I found!!!!!





1. The book with the striped Afghan is called Crochet. Technicques & Projects  By the editors of Sunnset, 1975

2. McCall's Crochet Treasury By The McCall Patten Co. 1968

Look at some of the pictures in this book! So classic. Kinda funny too.



I'm making one of these watermelon or strawberry bags soon! I must!

3. Quick 'N Easy Crocheting Golden Publishing 1980's? This book is a mini 2 ring binder with lots, and lots of patterns! Looks like it may have been a display of some kind in a craft store maybe. Here's a picture from it:

Ahhh. Heaven. I guess I should give credit to the store! The people there are very nice.I have to say they made my weekend fun and busy.

Abednego Book Shoppe 
2682 East Main Street, Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 643-9350

No comments:

Post a Comment